Hope Biblical Counseling Training Conference
Hope Biblical Counseling Center Ministries
A Ministry of Triumph Baptist Church
Dr. Terry L. Coomer, Director
500 2nd Avenue S.W.
Great Falls, MT 59404
Hope Biblical Counseling Center
National Biblical Counseling Training Conference
September 12-15, 2023
Midwestern Baptist Church
Pastor Mark Bentley
1025 North 72nd Street
Omaha, NE 68114
Cost to attend $85.00 per person
Because of limited seating there are no refunds
We are very pleased to host the Hope Biblical Counseling
Center-National Biblical Counseling Training
Conference, Tuesday thru Friday, on a yearly basis.
For further information or if your church would
like to host a conference, please contact
Dr. Terry Coomer, Director, at 501-596-2870
Recommendation from Dr. Mike Sullivant, Pastor Pembia Valley Baptist Church, Winkler, Manitoba, Canada
May 12, 2018
Hope Biblical Counseling Center
Dr. Terry L. Coomer
106 Heritage Street
Jacksonville, Arkansas 72076
Dear Brother Coomer,
With over 140 people registered for the Hope Biblical Counseling Training Conference the stage was definitely set for God to meet with us. And He sure did! Of course, for Pembina Valley Baptist Church, the week started on Sunday with twenty-four of our families dedicating their children to the Lord. The services were “spot on” for giving us a primer for the rest of the week.
Tuesday came and we had over twenty pastors, and what excited me is that over eighty of our church people registered and came for the entire week. Many have commented to me regarding the help they have received. Our church theme this year is “Holiness Unto the Lord” and God has been doing a good work in us. I believe that the help and training we received during the week of meetings further prepared and equipped us for the trials, troubles, battles and ultimate victories that life throws our way.
The truth, so dynamic and yet practical for us, is the way to handle situations that come into our minds that help us think right. “Stop;” “Think;” “Turn it over to God;” and pray, “Lord, what do You want me to praise You for and what do You want me to thank You for?” This is transformational Truth.
I trust God will continue to enlarge your vision and open more doors of opportunity to share what was shared with us to also help others.
God bless you, my friend!
Michael W. Sullivant
Recommendation from Dr. Gary Randall, Pastor Elmwood Baptist Church, Brighton, CO.
Dear Dr & Mrs. Coomer,
Just a quick note to say thank you for coming to Elmwood Baptist Church for our Family Conference. This meeting has generated more spiritual fruit in our church than any meeting that we have ever had! The messages that you preached were without question the very ones needed to address the issues that are destroying Christian homes today. I am so glad as pastor to see my people being moved of the Lord to develop a real, personal, passionate relationship with the Lord in their lives! Thank you for bringing your books and pamphlets. I say all the time, we are what we read and the people have materials now that will help them for years to come!
In 2015, when I brought my pastoral staff to your first Hope Biblical Counseling Conference, I had no idea the affect that it would have on us all neither could I have imagined the blessing it would ultimately be to my church. God bless you and Kim as God uses you in this tremendous ministry!
Dr. Gary Randall
Elmwood Baptist Church
This conference is for Pastors and wives, Assistant Pastors and wives, youth workers, couples, parents, grandparents, and laymen who really desire to learn how to deal with life issues of people from the Bible. We view Biblical Counseling as nothing more than “intense Biblical discipleship.” In a day of popular psychology we know and believe that God’s Word has the answer for every person’s life. We use the Bible for man’s needs not popular psychology. Our only desire is to help people to Biblically change their lives and to live a life honoring and pleasing to God without chaos and destruction. The goal of every Christian’s life should be to glorify God.
Here at Hope Biblical Counseling and Training Center we receive more than 300 emails a week from Independent Baptist people asking for help. Why are they asking for help? Because their life is in destruction mode. Sadly, many of these folks are pastors and missionaries. Proverbs 13:13, Whoso despiseth (does not give proper attention to) the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20, What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (20) For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
What will happen at this conference? This is a
working-learning-how to conference
This is an exciting time of learning how to help people from the Bible solve the most serious issues of life. The emphasis of the conference is that God can change lives through the work of the Holy Spirit and His Word.
Romans 15:1-4, 13 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. (2) Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. (3) For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. (4) For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
This will be our 11th class of the Hope Baptist National Biblical Counseling Training Conference. We have had hundreds of people attend and we have had attendees from 17 foreign countries around the world, including Israel. The conferences have seen a great movement of the Spirit of God. Many of the attendees gave testimony of how God had changed their lives by attending. Many pastors, missionaries, and lay people have said, “It was a life changing event for me.”
One of the most moving times of the Biblical Counseling Conference was the testimony each morning of a person who had went through Hope Biblical Counseling Center and volunteered to share how God had dramatically changed their lives. The testimonies were from people with broken lives that God did a great work in their lives and they had the courage to tell about their lives and how God had changed them to have a real, intimate, personal, and passionate relationship with God. They are now writing new and wonderful pages in their lives.
Each day for the first three days a DVD was shown with Dr. Terry Coomer Biblically Counseling a young couple about the anger issues of their lives. The changes in their lives has been dramatic.
Each day there will be teaching on different issues and how to deal with them Biblically and each attendee received a binder with more than 503 pages plus charts to help them deal Biblically with the serious lusts of people and to see Biblical long term change in their lives. There will also be teaching on how a church can start a Biblical Counseling program at their church. Hope Biblical Counseling Center believes that Biblical Counseling is nothing more than intense discipleship from God’s Word. We are not psychologists. We believe the answers to life’s needs are found in God’s holy Word, the Bible.
1. Attendees will be provided more than 503 pages of material (a three ring binder of Biblical counseling material which will be gone through with the attendees). The binder is an extensive and complete organized counseling program that dealt with how to Biblically counsel people in the areas of: learning how to be a Spirit controlled person, marriage, divorce, rearing spiritual children, spiritual and emotional immaturity, bitterness, anger, demand lusts (lusts that control behavior), moral issues, health issues, addictions, hurt, thought life, trials and sufferings, grief, depression, worry, anxiety, fear, the put off-put on process, Biblical discipleship including the work of the Holy Spirit in a person’s life, diagnostic tools, and much more. We will also learn what the Bible says about why people believe they cannot change their lives and how we can Biblically change it. The attendees will three DVD’s of actual counseling sessions with a couple who were ready to divorce, came to our Biblical Counseling Center, and have now changed their life to be productive, spiritual, and mature Christians. The DVD’s can be taken home for their ministry. The attendees are given a list of more than 132 books that are effective discipleship tools. We also go through the primary books we use to Biblically change people’s lives.
Pastor, have you ever just looked at a couple who came to you for help and wondered what can I do to help this couple? We will teach you where to start, what materials to use, and how to effectively Biblically change people’s lives. This is a conference that anyone who attends will go away with great tools to use in their own life, to grow spiritually, and learn how to Biblically disciple and uplift others.
2. The attendees are taught how to start a Biblical Counseling /Discipleship ministry at their church and learn how to effectively and Biblically see long term Biblical change in people’s lives. You will learn what it means to have a real, intimate, personal, and passionate relationship with the Saviour. You will learn what it really means to learn about the Holy Spirit’s work in a person’s life and how to apply it. (Sadly, most people do not understand this issue). This is a most important conference in learning how to apply Biblical truth to the life. It is a life changing conference. (See testimonies below)
3. The conference starts at 9:00 A.M. and ends at 4:00 P.M. each day, Tuesday thru Friday. All attendees receive homework and reading to do in the evenings in preparation for the next day’s class. There will be no nursery or service for children. The conference is for people 16 years of age and older. Lunch is provided each day by the church Each person will be responsible for their own accommodations. For more information contact Dr. Terry Coomer at 501-596-2870, firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The cost to attend the conference is minimal and determined by the host church to cover the cost of materials. Please see registration button above for each host church. All of our primary books used in Biblical Counseling will be available to purchase in our church bookstore. Seating is limited and we encourage you to register early.
5. The primary teacher for the conference will be Dr. Terry L. Coomer. Dr. Coomer has more than forty-one years pastoral experience, and is the director of Hope Biblical Counseling and Training Center. He has served as a pastor, missionary, and Bible college teacher. He has written extensively on the home, children, and marriage. He is the author of sixteen books and booklets. Dr. Coomer has more than forty-one year’s pastoral experience. In 2000, he started Biblical counseling to help Christians build godly homes, children, and marriages. Dr. Coomer and his wife, Kim, have two adult daughters who are married, and three precious granddaughters. Dr. Coomer holds a Bachelor of Arts in Bible, Graduate of Theology, Master of Theology, and Doctor of Theology degrees. Both Dr. and Mrs. Coomer have advanced training in Biblical counseling. The counseling ministry of Dr. and Mrs. Coomer has helped many families across America find the Biblical answers to the most serious questions of life. They also have a counseling ministry to pastors and their families. The ministry of Dr. Coomer is one of Bible exposition and verse by verse Bible preaching and teaching. Hope Baptist Church maintains a Biblical Counseling and Training Center to help people sort out the issues of life. Dr. Coomer preaches across the country in conferences in the local church. To have a meeting at your church, receive a monthly e-mail, or other needs he may be contacted at (501) 596-2870, email@example.com. To help you Biblically change your life there are many helpful articles and material on our web site at www.hopebiblicalcounselingcenter.com.
Testimonies and Pictures from
Dr. Don Jasmin in the Fundamentalist Digest said in recommending the conference, “GENUINE BIBLICAL COUNSELING TRAINING CLASSES? YES!! Individuals, Christian couples, and pastors who attend this seminar will surely be Scripturally instructed and informed how to genuinely help others properly confront the burdens, sins, and weights that trouble them. Hope Baptist Church in Little Rock, AR, in the last five years has continued to grow under Dr. Terry Coomer’s excellent evangelistic and edification leadership. Hope Biblical Counseling Center which receives numerous calls, letters, and emails for assistance with individual and family problems is an outgrowth of For The Love Of the Family Ministries.”
Some Pastors Who Attended
Thank you again for all your labor’s on our behalf, and for sharing the spiritual tools you shared with us. Below is my testimony of the conference.
What a blessing it was for us to host the Hope Biblical Counseling Conference at Mt. Zion Baptist Church. Dr. & Mrs. Coomer arrived on site with a servant’s heart and desiring to encourage others. He and his wife certainly exemplified Spirit-filled living while they were here. Many in our congregation were touched by the Holy Spirit as they were given tools to develop a real relationship with God and practical insight to walking in the Spirit, and God dealt with many hearts in a short time. My personal faith grew and I was encouraged knowing that if I can apply these simple truths and pass them on to my children and to other believers, that many pitfalls resulting from living in the flesh can be avoided and that there is hope for people no matter what they are facing in life. Certainly hosting and/or attending a Hope Biblical Conference is well worth it personally and as a church. Many of our people are still talking about what they have learned and are working to put into practice the simple, practical principles they learned. With little emphasis in the church today on developing a real relationship with God, and walking in the Spirit, Dr. Coomer hits the nail on the head as to where people’s problems are coming from today and how they can have hope to overcome them. As a pastor, I was equipped with practical tools to help people with their problems. Every pastor ought to carve out the time to get to one of these conferences.
Seeking to Serve,
Pastor Chris Starr
Mt. Zion Baptist Church
I have read my Bible and prayed since the day I was saved, but I never have had a real, intimate, personal, passionate relationship with God. I have often read my Bible and would understand some things, but many things were hidden to me. About a month or so ago I was reading and re-reading 1 Cor. Chapter 1-4 and God starting showing me some things that I have never seen before concerning the work of the Holy Spirit in my life. Then we had an evangelist in our church that spoke on Eph. 5:18-21 and God really used that message in my heart about being empty of myself and being filled with the Holy Spirit. This happened right around the time I was studying 1 Cor. chapters 1-4 and God starting opening my eyes. Then I attended the Hope Biblical Counsel Training Conference and God really opened my eyes and I have learned even more as to how to have a real relationship with God. I immediately put what I learned in the conference into practice and now my Bible has come alive! My Heavenly Father and I are developing a very close relationship and it has been wonderful! Thank you for your teaching us this! I have now been asking God to reveal any sin in my life daily and He lets me know what it is and I say the same thing (agree with Him) and He forgives me and opens His Word to me.
Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
I now try to ask God questions all the time as you instructed and showed from the Bible.
What do you want me to do today Lord?
What do you want me to have today Lord?
What do you want me to be today Lord?
And He shows me! I have given out tracts from time to time in the past, but was not consistent before. Now I ask God who do you want me to witness to today as you instructed and I am consistently giving out tracts and talking to people and He is working in lives and hearts! I could tell you more, but I believe you get the idea! Thank you so much for teaching these truths to us. May the Lord use you and me to teach many more these things! This conference changed my life!
Dear Dr. and Mrs. Coomer,
I wanted to write to thank you and Kim for bringing the Hope National Biblical Counseling Training Conference to Mt. Zion Baptist Church of Brogue, PA! This truly was a life-changing time of learning and growth for many who attended (they have told me so). Your teaching and preaching was full of practical Biblical truths for making lasting changes in a person’s life. It was encouraging, motivating, challenging, and uplifting! The conference itself and the fellowship with other pastors and lay-persons was truly a blessing to our church! When my wife and I attended the conference at your church two years ago, it was a great blessing to us and helped us in our own lives and gave us great teaching in order to help others. We are excited to see what the Lord will do in the lives of those who attended this conference at our church! I highly encourage Pastors and their wives, church staff, and lay-persons to attend one of your conferences! Thank you again, and may the Lord bless you as you continue to serve Him in this tremendously valuable and helpful ministry!
Mt. Zion Baptist Church
Pastor Coomer and Hope Baptist Church,
You all exemplify Christ in your attitude of servitude. The conference showed us how God changed lives through His Word and equipped us with the Scriptures and tools to help others. We love you and your ministry; you are an encouragement to us. You sure are kind people! Hebrews 6:10
Missionary to Uruguay
Hello Pastor Coomer,
Within a few days of leaving the Biblical Counseling Conference in Arkansas, I met a young Mexican man who suddenly lost his wife and has three children. I was sure glad I had some of the resources I learned or acquired from your course. I was able to share with him of the hope we have in Christ and he accepted the Lord. Praise the Lord and thank you for your ministry. I felt much more equipped to talk to someone who had just lost a loved one.
Dear Pastor Coomer,
My wife and I are on a new road now. I came into the conference just hanging on as a mechanical Christian. I was discouraged because I was overwhelmed with people issues and did not know how to help them. I now know how and it has changed both of us. This conference was a life changing event for us. Thank you for your help and compassion for us. The Holy Spirit worked in many hearts as I was listening to others talk about what they had learned. God bless you and your church!
Dear Dr. Coomer,
It has been almost 2 weeks now since I attended your Biblical Counseling Conference at Hope Baptist Church.
Since that time, I have been listening to many of your on-line sermons, and following your recommendations to have a real relationship with God.
I had not realized before the Conference just how much pride I have in my heart. I had a critical, judgmental spirit and looked down on other people, and truly thought I was better than everyone else because I could see their struggles, but refused to look at my own.
I just want to thank you again for the Conference, and for your willingness to seek after God, and obey Him, and then share what you have learned with everyone.
It has been difficult these past 2 weeks in some aspects because I am finally facing the sin in my own heart, and because my commitment to God has caused problems with some personal relationships, but I am also very excited at the work God is doing in my heart and life.
God bless you!
Thank you for coming to Ireland to hold the counseling seminar at Good News Baptist Church in Mullingar. My family and I are newly arrived missionaries in Ireland, and the conference was very timely for us as we anticipate dealing with people who have deep spiritual needs because of their lack of knowledge of God and His Word. I appreciate that you stressed the key points of having a relationship with God, meditating upon His Word, and obeying the Holy Spirit. These are answers to all of life’s problems! You also gave us many tools and resources to confront head on all those very difficult issues that plague sinful human souls. Thank you Dr. Coomer for equipping us and giving us training and a fresh vision for dealing with people in obedience to the Great Commission! Thank you for coming to Ireland. We were greatly blessed and we look forward to seeing you again, Lord willing.
Missionary to Ireland
Disclaimer: Neither Dr. Terry L. Coomer, Hope Biblical Counseling Center Ministries, or Triumph Baptist Church, Great Falls, Montana offers any guarantee for the results of following the counsel offered in these documents or in the messages offered by this ministry, nor do they accept responsibility for any negative outcome resulting from following the counsel offered by this ministry.